As of yesterday I have been living on this planet for 24 years.
That honestly blows my mind.
Remember in school when you were young, you’d look up to people in the older years and think how old they seemed, and anyone over the age of 20 was just a fully grown adult, probably married with kids and a dog?
Now i’m 24 and I can’t help but think how far away I am from being an ‘adult’, whatever that really means.
But I love it! I love feeling young, I love not quite having my life together. Yeah sometimes it gets annoying but it’s all part of the journey.
And in the wise words of Ronan Keating…
Seriously, words to live by right there.
In my 24 years of living I feel like i’ve done a fair bit.
I’ve moved around, travelled, been to uni, had jobs in almost all sectors, had relationships (good and bad) and been through the ups and downs of general life.
Over the way i’ve learnt many things, but this year I thought i’d share a random few to celebrate another year of living.
- Time has a funny way of working things out, so let it take it’s course
- Cheese is a great addition to almost every meal
- The friends you make at uni will be like family
- And if you manage to stay in contact with your friends from school after splitting for uni etc, it’s likely they’ll be there for a long time to come
- Chocolate can burn
- If a guy wants to pursue something with you, he will make the effort. Don’t make excuses for shit guys
- Hair removal cream is not worth it
- 18 is often too young to know which career path you want to go down, so choose something you enjoy and go from there
- Family is everything
- You’ll end up disappointed if you always expect to be treated how you treat others
- So expect the worst and hope for the best
- Melted chocolate and raspberry is the ultimate combination
- Hair has the ability to appear on your body in the places you really would not expect
- Friends: quality over quantity
- On a night out, nothing good ever happens after 2am
- It’s not just teenagers that suffer from spots
- There’s nothing better than chicken nuggets after a night out, or at any time as a matter of fact
- Exercise will always make you feel good
- After cooking with chilli, you can never wash your hands too much
- Cooking is therapeutic
- Love: when you know, you know
- Uni will make you appreciate your family in a way you would have never expected
- Although at the time dating disasters and break ups are utterly shit, they make the best stories and life lessons
- Beauty comes from within